Friday 24 October 2014

Review: YSL Rouge Volupte Shine #02 Pourpre Intouchable

Sorry for the disappearance guys! I've just been really busy with work and applying for a Masters and all that other jazz. I just haven't had the time to write and or even take photos really! I've also miss reading other bloggers new posts, but it's all good as I'm scheduled to be on holiday for a week or so starting next monday, so hopefully I'll be posting more then!

So without further ado and onto my review, I'm actually really excited to blog about this product! It's the YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick in the shade 02 Pourpre Intouchable. It took me some time before settling for this shade and I'm glad I did, because this shade is absolutely gorgeous!



As you can see, the packaging is beautiful! The lipstick tube is gold whereas the logo ring around it is silver. This is to help differentiate them from the original Rouge Volupte lipsticks, which is all gold! The colour ring corresponds to the shade of the lipstick which first of all, is really pretty and second, it'll definitely be of help if you have multiple YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks and want to find a specific one quickly.


The shade is a deepish berry colour and has micro-shimmers but it's barely noticeable. It is sheer but buildable so you can apply it to whichever degree of intensity you want! There are 19 shades in total, from nudes to corals to fuchsia and not all of them have shimmers. I'll definitely be reaching for mine more and more, especially as we're in the autumn season at the moment, which I think this shade is perfect for! 


{ one swipe, three swipes }

+moisturising thanks to them hyaluronic acid microspheres
+creamy formula that applies easily and glides on smoothly!
+colour & pigmentation
+lasts for 3-4 hours (although it is marketed to last for 8 hours)
+scent

-price
-as it is sheer, if you want it to be darker on the lips, you'll definitely be using it a lot! (might as well go for the original rouge volupte)

This product retails for £25, although I've seen some places like Debenhams selling it for £24. As much as I love the formula, I wouldn't pay full price for it only because I don't have the funds to be spending that much on a lipstick T_T I actually got mine from feelunique when they were having 10% off plus I used my birthday voucher so I managed to get it for £17.50 instead. With that being said though, I've already got my eyes on shades 01 Brun Insecure, 09 Nude in Private and 17 Rose in Tension :)

Have you guys tried this product before? Let me know what you guys think, and I'll see you in the next post :)

No comments :

Post a Comment